About this listing
Hi all, my wife and I welcome you to our 3 bedroom house. We are located in a quiet residential road with a back veranda overlooking a south facing garden to the paved BBQ area. The front room has its own free view box and tv with DVD. The back room is darker and overlooks a skyline. Both rooms (and most of the house actually) have been re decorated to a high standard recently.
We have a large downstairs bathroom with a shower and a bath. Full SKY HD TV and fast internet access (wired and wi - fi in the house in the house. The house is extremely well situated for transport in all directions and very close to parks, open spaces and a short walk away from the river Thames. Most of London’s major attractions are less than 30 minutes away. We are walking distance (15 minutes) from Wimbledon. We have lived in London for over 15 years so we both know what to recommend and how to do it best if, you need any advice.
• Wi Fi internet access
• Deck chairs on the patio area
• On street parking available (but day permit required - extra cost of £6 Monday to Friday
• Fantastic local pubs/restaurants / corner shop nearby (4 minutes walk)
• Supermarket cinema and shopping complex nearby: Massive shopping mall with Sainsburys, Waitrose (6 mins walk through a beautiful park)
To rent the house out for the Olympics please just e mail us. We are happy to move out for the 3 weeks or even just for 1!
Things to do nearby
• Other smaller shops are also available closer to home.
• Gym (15 mins walk)
• British rail a bus away or a 15 minute walk
• Buses (50 m away) direct to Clapham Junction, Vauxhall, Putney, Hammersmith, Wimbledon (get rail from Wimbledon to rural country areas). We are truly amazed at the amount of transport options here.
• 15 minute bus ride to Swanky shopping arcades
• 700m walking distance to Southfields tube (district line / green) or a 5 minute bus ride.
• Turn right from the front of the house. Walk 6 minutes to Wandsworth High Street. Buses to all parts of London. Turn left walk 12 mins to Southfields Tube station (green line straight to heart of London, Earls Court and Wimbledon). Walking distance to Wimbledon for the tennis, or bus or 2 stops on a tube.
• Thames river access via parks in 10 minutes
• London Transport telephone number for all travel queries (phone number hidden).
• Oyster Card
• This must be purchased at any tube station or corner shop if you want discounted travel on trains, tubes and buses. Without it you will pay full fare which is double. (website hidden)
• Olympic Travel Information
• The Olympics is at Stratford tube station. The journey would be to get the District line to Westminster. Then change to the Jubilee line straight to Stratford (Zone 3). Journey time would be less than one hour. Map link: (website hidden)
• Walk, bus to Wimbeldon
• Tube, bus to Earls Court
• Trainline to city, riverside etc.