About this listing
2 Rooms to Rent in picturesque Blackheath!
1 Double and 1 single room, available to rent within a spacious 1930 semi-detached property, in a quiet street.
The double bedroom is fully furnished, and has a very comfortable wooden-framed double bed. There is also the option of a pull out mattress that slides underneath the bed-frame (for a child).
The single bedroom is small but perfectly formed. It has a brand new single bed, a wardrobe and shelves for storage.
Both bedrooms are on the first floor, next to a good-sized bathroom, that boasts a Jacuzzi bathtub with a combined shower unit and a heated towel rail.
Downstairs there is a recently fitted, well-designed combination utility area (which houses a washing machine and tumble dryer) and a second toilet and sink unit.
The stunning open-plan living area downstairs comprises of a fully fitted modern kitchen, reception area and an inviting and spacious sitting room.
Bi-folding doors at the end of the living space open out onto a sunny patio and a beautiful 130ft garden, where guests may take breakfast should they wish.
Nearby Blackheath village is a very pretty area, and has many restaurants and boutique shops. The heath itself is basically an extension of nearby Greenwich Park, making this area one of the greenest and most unspoilt in London.
• Wireless internet,
• TV with digital channels / DVD / VHS
• Stereo with digital radio, CD player and iPod input
• Central heating
• Open-plan downstairs living area
• Large well-tended garden and patio
• Free street level parking
• Own front door keys
• Breakfast (tea/coffee/juice/fresh fruit/cereal/toast and preserves)
• 30 mins to Central London
• A parade of shops including a mini-supermarket is at the end of the road, literally 2 mins walk.
• Walking distance to Blackheath and Maritime Greenwich (for the Equestrian events)
• 20 mins to the Olympic Village in Stratford
• 20 mins to Woolwich (Shooting, Archery)
• 15 mins to the Excel centre (Ping Pong, Boccia, Judo, Powerlifting, Volleyball – sitting, Wheelchair fencing)
• 10 mins to The North Greenwich Arena - also called the O2 Arena (Gymnastics, Wheelchair Basketball)
• 30-40 mins from all other London Olympic venues listed here - http://www.tickets.london2012.com/venuetransport.html
Things to do nearby
My name is Cosetta and my husband’s name is Kevin.
I am a blue badge tour guide with 25 years experience working in London and the UK, and I am happy to help any guests with ideas of things to do while in London, and planning their journeys to and from the house. Kevin is a paramedic for the London Ambulance Service, and is also very knowledgeable when it comes to getting around our capital city.
I am originally from Italy, but I speak English and Spanish also, and a little bit of French.
This is a non-smoking house please, but smoking in the garden is fine.
We also have two cats, but they are very easy-going, and rarely in the house, especially in summer.
What are we looking for?
As this is our family home, we would hope to receive guests that respect our house and our property as we do.
As mentioned previously, there are two bathrooms, but only the upstairs one has a bath and shower. We thought the best solution for this would be for myself and Kevin to take our showers in the evenings, leaving the bathroom available for guests in the mornings.
A deposit of 50% is required at time of booking, with full payment being made two weeks prior to arrival.